Is your complaint about a certification decision?
If your complaint is about a certification decision, or any other interaction with your certification body, you should direct your complaint to them in the first instance.
If you are still unhappy with the outcome following closure of your complaint with the certification body, you may then raise your complaint with us using the procedure below.
Make a complaint against us
We hope that you are never dissatisfied with our service, but we view complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future – as well as a chance to put things right for the person or organisation involved. Should you need to complain, we want you to know that we will take your dissatisfaction seriously, make it easy for you to let us know about it, and keep you updated as it goes through our clear, documented process and procedure.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service you can contact us in one of the following ways:
Or by letter to The Complaints Manager, Flexi-Orb, Centurion House, Leyland Business Park, Leyland, Lancashire, PR25 3GR.
We find that most issues can be resolved quickly and informally, but if not, or if you are not satisfied with the outcome, your complaint will enter our process to ensure that you are treated fairly and reasonably.
- The complaint should be acknowledged in writing by the person handling the complaint within a maximum of two weeks, and will say who is dealing with the complaint and when you can expect a reply.
- We aim to give you a definitive reply within four weeks. If this is not possible because, for example, an investigation has not been fully completed, a progress report will be sent with an indication of when a full reply will be given.
- We will describe the action taken to investigate the complaint, the conclusions from the investigation, and any action taken as a result of the complaint.
- If you feel that the problem has not been satisfactorily resolved, you can appeal the outcome and request that the complaint is reviewed at Board level. As above, you should expect to receive confirmation of the escalation of the complaint, who is dealing with it and when you can expect a reply, within two weeks, and a formal response within a maximum of four weeks.
- You have the right to appeal the decision by referral to an Independent Arbitrator. Flexi-Orb will facilitate this process by ensuring that you are made aware of the process and we will help you make the appeal. Within the Scheme Terms and Conditions, both parties agree that any dispute that cannot be resolved can be settled under the Rules of Arbitration by one or more arbitrators appointed by joint agreement of the parties or, if agreement cannot be gained, the Arbitrator will be appointed by the Centre for Dispute Resolution.